Saturday, December 8, 2012

Photo Tour of My School

Hello everyone!

I realized that I've hardly told you anything about the school where I work/the place where I spend about 75% of my life. I want to give you a tour of my school - through photos. The campus is nothing like a typical American high school. It's made up of numerous different academic buildings so students (and teachers) have to walk outside between buildings to get to classes. There's also numerous tables, benches, and places for students to sit outside and hang out or do their homework (the beauty of year long warm weather). My very first impression of the school was that it reminded me of a small college campus. Then I remembered that there's only about 800 less students at this high school than at the college I went to, so I guess that makes sense.

Let's get started!


Outside entrance: Welcome to the entrance of Bang  Pa-In "Rachanukroh 1" School.


Inside entrance: Students walking in through the gate in the morning. 


Pond: This pond is one of my favorite spots on campus. The music building is behind the pond.


Parking Lot: Yes, this is actually the parking lot on campus. My students don't drive cars to school, but rather motorbikes.

Statue: The King that founded this school.   

Buddha: This is the school's Buddha where the students face to pray during morning assembly.



Field: Students lining up for morning assembly on the big field.



Outside: Some of my precious M1 girls finishing their homework before school.


...and the boys goofing off. Typical.

Hallway: Keeping with traditional Thai style living, students always take off their shoes before entering a classroom or office. Therefore, the hallway is always lined with many, many shoes.


Outside the classroom: The brown shoes are the boy's uniform, the black shoes are the girl's, and the white shoes are the girl's "casual" uniform shoes. I always wonder how they know which shoes are their own.


Inside the classroom: This is a pretty standard looking classroom that I teach in. Whiteboards, desks for 50 students, and open windows and fans - no air conditioning!



Office: This is the entrance to the Foreign Lanugage Department, or in other words, my office. 


Desk: This is my desk where I grade papers, write lesson plans, and sometimes sleep between classes.


7-Eleven: Finally, the last stop on the photo tour is at the 7-Eleven I frequent. It's located right outside the school and I'm usually found here a minimum of 1-2 times a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment