Friday, August 23, 2013

Coley Does Thailand: Take 2

Once again, this post is quite late but better late than never, right?

As many of you know, my best friend Coley came to visit me back in June and stayed for the entire month. I can't even express how nice to was to have a piece of home with me at my home away from home. Coley is the same friend that I came to Thailand with the first time I visited back in 2011. Therefore, it was fun to experience Thailand with her again for a second time. However, this visit was much different than the last. Last time, we were backpacking and moving around to a different city every night. It was fun but also felt very rushed. This time it was much for relaxing since we were settled at my condo and had an entire month to explore, eat, and shop.

Anyway, here are some of the highlights from our time together.

Coley's pickup from the airport.
Coley takes a Thai cooking course. The instructor told her she was in charge of getting the chilis at the market because she's "red hot!"
Our sampling of Thai desserts. Some of them were tasty and others...well not so much.
A rainy afternoon at Wat Arun in Bangkok.
A visit to Bangkok's famous Skybar. You can actually see my apartment in this picture! If you've seen the movie The Hangover (Bangkok) you might recognize this place.
Night view of Bangkok from the top of Skybar.
Me, Coley, Mean, Pik, and Beam
Of course, what's a visit to Thailand without a few elephants?

Temple hopping in Ayutthaya
Coley's iPhone case purchase at the night market. Now is this cute or is this cute?
View from our hotel in Krabi, Thailand.

Alright, so who's coming to visit next? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment